The Tarland Welfare Trust (Reg. Charity SCO 08030) was formed in 1951 for the purpose of building, equipping and maintaining a new village hall in Tarland. The land and money to build the Hall were gifted to the community by Lady MacRobert (see MacRobert Trust) and hence its name. The Trustees of the Tarland Welfare Trust own and manage the Hall on behalf of the community under a ‘Declaration of Trust’. This states that the Memorial Hall be built ‘with a view to providing improved amenities and facilities for the public, so that the Hall may be run in the manner most beneficial to the Community’.